Cancellations include 36 events, from national tours to presentations from regional companies
March 12, 2020
Folsom, CA — Based on the latest guidance from the California Department of Public Health and as announced by Governor Newsom on the evening of March 11, all performances at the Harris Center through March 31 have been cancelled effective 3/12/20.
“Here at the Harris Center, the safety of our patrons, artists and staff is our highest concern,” notes HC Executive Director Dave Pier. “This is an unprecedented crises, but direction from state government and our own campus is unified and crystal clear.”
And the Harris Center is not alone. “Performing arts programs at Cal Performances at UC Berkeley, UCLA’s Center for the Art of Performance, Pepperdine University, Scripps College, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, Mondavi Center at UC Davis and others have canceled performances in response to Covid-19,” notes Pier.
“As many of our artists are currently on national or international tours, their travel plans are tied to their appearances at venues across the country and the world. Given this, we are in daily communication with their representatives. We expect to have more information soon on a show-by-show basis that may result in further postponements or cancellations.”
The Center will be issuing refunds to ticket buyers for the cancelled performances. For more information, patrons should visit the Harris Center website at https://www.harriscenter.net/visit/coronavirus
In addition to events taking place at the Harris Center, the Los Rios Community College District is also cancelling all athletic events, other performing arts performances, and any other non-essential gatherings meeting the criteria outlined in the state mandate.
Cancelled events include the following*:
- New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players: The Mikado (March 12)
- Cinderella - Panto Company USA (March 13)
- Carrera Productions: Michael Doucet/Tom Rigney (March 13)
- Folsom Lake Symphony: Family Concert - Musical Engine (March 14)
- St. Patrick's Day in Ireland! (March 15)
- Seamus Egan (March 17)
- Tall Stories: Wilde Creatures (March 19)
- SBL Entertainment: Ronnie Milsap (March 19)
- Sacramento Guitar Society: Muriel Anderson’s Wonderlust (March 21)
- Once On This Island (National Tour) (March 20-22)
- Sacramento Baroque Soloists: Ecstasy of the Chaconne (March 21-22)
- An Evening with Anne Lamott (March 23)
- Seeds – by Montreal’s Porte Parole (March 26)
- Carrera Productions: Taj Mahal (March 27)
- Voices of California: Our Continuing Journey (March 28)
- enra - Dreams (March 29)
- SBL Entertainment: Altan (March 29)
- The Tap Pack (March 31)
Additional events that have been canceled include Bollywood Boulevard on April 7 and Renee Taylor on April 15-29*. Folsom Concert Association will reschedule the April 5 performance of Daniel Rodriguez for later in the year.
* Multiple performances by individual artists are not all indicated.